What's the point of eating a hamburger if it's not real meat?

Like the beyond burger. Why do vegetarians eat copy cat foods of non-vegetarians?

Favorite Answer

Because they don't want to eat “real meat” but they want something a bit like it. The meat is a fairly small part of the experience of eating a burger.

Lots of people consume things that are copies of “the real thing” - low alcohol beer and wine, nicotine chewing gum/vaping, gluten-free bread and cakes, artificial sweeteners, lactose-free milk.

whats the point of you asking the same question more than once? no need

When I eat a burger, first I like the mouth feel of a soft bun, then the crisp smoky taste of the toasted bun. Follow that with the sour pickle, the sweet tomato, the crisp and cooling lettuce, the umami of the sweetish catsup and the tang of mustard. Then as I chew, I encounter the cheese and the patty. Now if it's limp like those vegetarian bean patties, it's a moment of disappointment. But if it's chewy and beefy, it's the perfect ending to a perfect bite. As an omnivore, I don't mind if vegetarians want to have the same experience, and wish them the best with Beyond and Impossible patties.

What was the point when it was real meat?

• shoeshopper36 months agoReport

That's what makes it a hamburger.

everyone does that.

Whats the point of eating "bread" made from other grains..Wheat makes the best bread and the rest is just copy cat stuff.

Mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes, Near Beer, sparkling grape juice instead of wine, etc, etc,

Maybe some vegetarians eat fake meat bc they go meat free for ethical reasons but they still like meat or they have to give up meat for dietary reasons and they miss it