Which movie is better, Manchester by the Sea or The Shape of Water?

No spoilers please as I have not seen either movie. I just want your opinion.

I don’t like both

• Adam D

I have not seen Manchester by the Sea. But I don't think you need to choose one, why not watch both?

The Shape of Water was very good. It is quirky, it isn't similar to anything else. But it is a good story, it is very well acted. It is weird, but it really works.

The Shape Of Water........

I haven't seen The Shape of Water, but want to.

There is explicit nudity so I'm trying to figure out how I'll deal with that.

I'm not sure everyone would appreciate Manchester By the Sea.

The movie is simply about a dude that cares about nothing after losing everything.

If one gets the nuances, it's a good movie.

I actually bought the opening theme on Amazon and listen to it during the darkest times (The singer is Canadian).

Anyway in a bit of irony the teenager that was one of the main characters on it also starred in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, and that movie is very similar in style and also starts out with a very similar theme song.

They were both very good.

Manchester is sad, almost depressing. Its realistic, about stuff that could actually happen. It has some good acting in it but that's true of all sad movies.

The Shape of Water is more fantasy. I has some sadness in it but I guess that's true of any movie. But it could never happen, in fact it leaves you wondering how they even ilmed it. I guess you'd call it kind of a love story. I enjoyed it a lot more because that's the kind of movie I enjoy more.