Ear t-tube fell out, should I go to the doctor?

I had t-tubes put in when I was 7 and now I’m 21 and one of them just fell out. I’m having really bad pain and drainage and it sounds like I’m under water. I know they are technically supposed to fall out or be removed but these were in for a really long time.

4 Answers

  • Stasia
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

    Hurry up, boy!!!!!

    • Login to reply the answers
  • abby
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    from what I've seen with others , a tympanectomy tube where to drain the inner ear for 8 weeks than be removed and the hole heals up . so from 7 till now you have never been able to go swimming or take a shower ? you DEFINATLY need to go to a doctor .

    • cheergirl5 months agoReport

      Mine was different than a regular tympanectomy tube, it was meant to be in for a longer period of time. But I do shower regularly without getting water in my ears, I just learned to over time. However I have never submerged my head underwater or swam like other people.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

    Of course you should see your physician. It is possible that you will need to keep them in permanently - or maybe the drainage and pain are side effects of the tube removal, and will get better after a few days.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Kaz
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

    Yes, definitely see a doctor.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.