I was playing double double bonus poker, with a total bet amount of 50 cents, 5 cents bet 10, I got a straight flush, why did it only pay me?

About $25 dollars.

But my mom gets paid 100 dollars betting 25 cents with 4 aces and a kicker.

Favorite Answer

There are multiple versions of Double Double Bonus poker machines. In general a straight flush pays about 50:1 and 50 x $0.50 = $25, while four aces with a 2, 3 or 4 pays 400:1 and 400 x $0.25 = $100. Because four aces is the bonus hand it pays more than a straight flush.

When playing video poker you should always check the payouts for the machine you are playing. The highest hand does not always pay the most.

• Jeff T

This is not real poker. A straight flush may beat four aces at the World Series of Poker, but the pay table on the video poker machine does not have to agree with that.

I'm not familiar with "double double bonus poker," but normally in poker your winnings depend on the amount in the pot, not on the odds of getting a particular hand.

---------

From the description on their site, the game specifically pays bonuses on four-of-a-kind hands. Four aces is their highest-paying hand.

http://videopokerfree.org/bonus-poker/double-doubl...