I was playing double double bonus poker, with a total bet amount of 50 cents, 5 cents bet 10, I got a straight flush, why did it only pay me?

About $25 dollars.

But my mom gets paid 100 dollars betting 25 cents with 4 aces and a kicker.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There are multiple versions of Double Double Bonus poker machines. In general a straight flush pays about 50:1 and 50 x $0.50 = $25, while four aces with a 2, 3 or 4 pays 400:1 and 400 x $0.25 = $100. Because four aces is the bonus hand it pays more than a straight flush.

When playing video poker you should always check the payouts for the machine you are playing. The highest hand does not always pay the most.

• Jeff T
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

This is not real poker. A straight flush may beat four aces at the World Series of Poker, but the pay table on the video poker machine does not have to agree with that.

• 4 months ago

I'm not familiar with "double double bonus poker," but normally in poker your winnings depend on the amount in the pot, not on the odds of getting a particular hand.

---------

From the description on their site, the game specifically pays bonuses on four-of-a-kind hands. Four aces is their highest-paying hand.

http://videopokerfree.org/bonus-poker/double-doubl...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.