What are some good books for a high school dropout?

I'm 22 and never been much of a reader but I want to start readinand I don't know what a good book would be to start reading any suggestions? Thank you <3

• Joe

Depends on your preferred genre. If reality YA fiction suits try Dangerous Days and Blades both by J. William Turner. Written in first person narrative, and set mainly in Australia with scenes in Canada, London (UK), Paris, and California

• Amber

I would start with anthologies. I don't know what you like to read so go to Amazon or good reads and just see what's available. If you really can't get into reading a book try some audio tapes. But it really depends why you want to get into it.

• drip

Go to the public library. Check out several books and take you time with them at home.

I love mysteries, my son reads sci fi. Both my son and my husband read historical fiction.

You have got to find a genre that you like. Perhaps look at books that are in a series, get the first one in the series.

You may want to try a book of short stories.

• chorle

I would go with Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett since it is short and a good introduction into the disc world.

How to Win Friends and Influence People and the study guide for a GED might be good too.

• .

The Destroyermen series by Taylor Anderson. It's got a great audible version.

• Edwena

Start by reading wikipedia. read around, including "good books" and read what you get. You are very lucky to have such a library at your convenience.

• Lv 4

interesting answer;also, go for Unabridged Editions:The Iliad;The Odyssey;To Hell and Back;The Old Man and the Sea;The Count of Monte Cristo;20000 Leagues Under the Sea;Moby Dck;The New Testament Gospels RSV/NIV;TaoTe Ching tr by Gai Fu Feng & Jane English;Patton:My Story;Lord of the Rings I,II,&III