Anonymous

I recently gave my boss my 2 weeks notice, but now I wish to quit instead, Can I or do I have to do the 2 weeks?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

You would have to talk to your boss, let them know you don't want to quit and you want to stay at your job.

You can quit any time you want. If you're contracted to work the last two weeks of your notice then you have to work them.

• Stasia
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

A lot better to do the 2 weeks.

• 4 months ago

Not a good idea to burn bridges.

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Do the two weeks. Even if you don't like the job, it's common courtesy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

You don't have to do anything...ask the manager if they really need you for the two weeks, you don't want to screw over the business or your co-workers because you don't like the job. Even if you don't like your manager, remember your co-workers will actually pick up the slack.

• 4 months ago

Giving 2 weeks notice IS quitting. You are supposed to give him that notice for finding your replacement. If you don't want to do the 2 weeks that you OWE him, ask him if he wants you to work the last 2 weeks. If he can do without you, he may let you go early. If he needs you, work those 2 last weeks. It won't kill you.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

You can quit on the spot, don't ever plan on getting a reference from them and the story may follow you.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

A lot better to do the 2 weeks.

• 4 months ago

I would honor your commitment. Giving two weeks notice is a courtesy and showing respect for the employer. It will pay dividends in the future, trust me.

• 4 months ago

That's your boss's choice. Unless you have vacation days to make up the two weeks.

• John4 months agoReport

If you have vacation days a month into a job's probation period you would be insane to quit!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.