Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 months ago

What time should a 16 year old go to bed?

What time should a 16 year old female that has a job and is a junior in high school go to bed? (Days she has off obviously.)

It totally depends on when you need to wake up.

We lived 2 houses away from the school when my daughter was that age. Her friend caught a bus and needed to be at the bus stop about the same time my daughter woke up. They went to bed at different times.

At your age you should be getting about 9 hours SLEEP so getting ready for bed about 10 hours before your alarm goes off in the morning.

10 is when you should be in bed at the age of 16 when you're in school. And on the day that you have off no later than 12:00. That doesn't mean you can be out on the street to 12. On your days off you should be back at the house by 9:30 in the evening no later. And if you still want to stay up to 12 after that by all means. I'm a grown adult and I don't go around staying up past 12 at night. I could if I wanted to but I like to be sleeping at 10 so I can get up at 7 in the morning and go to work.

• Teva

Whenever she wants. You'd soon discover when a good time to go to sleep would be, so that you're not too tired for work or school.

When my son was 16, his bedtime was 10 on school nights and basically up to him on weekends. However, he did have a curfew and was required to be home by 11. And I know you specified 16 year old female, but I don't believe there should be any difference between bedtimes or curfews for either gender.

I would say about 10 o'clock.