Canceling or getting a new credit card to get out of a gym contract?

ive been going to this martial arts gym near me. they have a 12 month contract that apparently you cant get out of. ive been going there for about 1.3 years and come to find out the contract renewed itself a couple months back. now im in a work/school situation where i wont be able to attend this gym for the... show more ive been going to this martial arts gym near me. they have a 12 month contract that apparently you cant get out of. ive been going there for about 1.3 years and come to find out the contract renewed itself a couple months back. now im in a work/school situation where i wont be able to attend this gym for the foreseeable future. its not a chain gym its independently owned and the only one. i was wondering if i could just cancel the credit card the account is on to stop them from being able to take any more payments out of my account? if not is there anything i can do to get out of a 12 month contract?