Why are the DNC’s qualifying rules for the next debate based on poll numbers which call landlines? Do they only care what the elderly think?

Elderly people have cell phones. The polling companies might not care what older people think. Their clients target younger people who spend more money probably even though seniors always vote.

• Edna

No matter who the DNC's polls are based on, what makes you think that only the "elderly" have landlines?

• Emdog

They want a representative sample, which would include voters who don't own cell phones. Dewey was wrongly predicted to win 1948 election because polls taken by phone. Back then lots of people didn't have phones (you could look it up). Enough of those non phone owners wanted Truman to show poll was not accurate

• Snid

I've been contacted on my phone which isn't a landline and in an email. So, I guess I don't get what you mean.

• Mark

A lot of the candidates running for

office are what I'd call "elderly" & they

do not seem to care what anyone

thinks.

same as last time.... the DNC establishment in DC only wants candidates approved by their billionaire donor base (i.e. Biden, Warren and Harris)...

Before Biden entered the race, Harris and Warren were trailing Bernie by double digits....Once Harris attacked Biden on segregation and made race a central issue, Bernie and outsiders like Mayor Pete faded into the wings..

these latest rule "tweaks" pushes those outsiders off the stage completely....leaving only longtime DC soldiers and their servants left on the stage...