Lump in my throat? NEED ANSWERS !?

For the past couple of days I’ve been feeling a lump in my throat and I don’t know what it is , which seems to make me swallow loads and it feels as if there’s something stuck in my throat , does anyone know what this is and how I could get rid of it ? It’s really annoying and I struggle to sleep !

• Lili

There's a psychological condition called "globus" that causes people to feel they have a lump in their throats.

However, see a doctor to be checked over, just to make sure nothing's wrong. If it's globus, often being told there's no actual obstruction clears up the problem.

There could be lots of things causing a lump in your throat or a feeling like there's a lump in your throat. Sometimes, when you swallow something too big or bulky, you can bruise your esophagus and the irritation feels like a lump in your throat. Other times, illness such as tonsillitis or laryngitis can cause this. Externally, you may have a swollen lymph node on your neck. If it's large enough, it may put pressure on your esophagus, making it feel like you have a lump in your throat. Other causes may be allergies or a cold sore in the back of your mouth. The more you swallow, the more you will irritate the area. Try a gargle of salt water (slightly warmed) twice a day. Eat foods that are soft to the palate. Do this for a couple of days. Avoid chewing gum or any other activity that might cause extra salivation (which would make you swallow more). Try not to constantly think about it. If this doesn't improve the situation after a couple of days, make a doctor's appointment.