Lee asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 6 months ago

How much percent more should an apartment go for after every bedroom after the 1 bedroom rental?

For example, a place is charging $3,800 for a one bedroom. If I want a 2 or 3 bedroom, how much percent more would that cost from their 1 bedroom unit?

• RICK

The last place I rented many years ago the 1 bedrooms were $195, the 2 bedrooms were $325 and the 3 bedrooms were $475. How they came up with those prices I don't have a clue

It completely depends on the owner of the building.

Whatever they want...period. Two units are not the same. I've seen the same floor used for a 1 and 2 bedroom...is that what you mean? If so, 20% maybe. Otherwise, there is no way to compare...square footage and price per square foot is how I compare properties...

Holy **** 3800 for rent

That's going to depend on the location. There's no set percentage that would apply around the world.

If a 900 SF one bedroom is $1000 per month, a 219 SF Bedroom(average), 2 bedroom would be $1243 based on price per square feet which is the way they determine price. $1,486‬ per month for a 3 bedroom

A $3,800 one bedroom is $50.67 SF, so a 2 br would cost you 924.75 more or $4,724.75‬ for a 3 BR it would cost you $5,649.50

in my building a 2 BR is about 15% more than a 1 bedroom.

• Judy

whatever they want to charge

Different apartments will also have difference overall sizes and room sizes. Square footage is a more reliable measure of what the rent will be, along with location, than bedroom count.

• .

Cost per square foot is a better comparison method since not all bedrooms are the same size.