Quitting My Job?

Hello whoever is reading this, I just started my University and I want to quit my jobs because my classes are really hard. I talked to my boss about it like 3 weeks ago but he was disappointed because when he interviewed me I told him I would be able to work during when school starts. (By the way school started yesterday and I m in my 3rd year). I even thought I would be able to work until I attended my classes and saw the work load along with how much I have to study. My question is how should I quit this week because he wants me to work on Saturday and Sunday for 16 hours, but I want to concentrate on my studies and get the best grades possible. Any ideas on how to quit I want to text him I want to quit I don t want to do the 2 weeks notice because I would have to work for an additional 2 weeks before I can quit, any ideas on how I should say it? Like what should I say, thank you for reading this far. Habe a good day.

Favorite Answer

What you SHOULD DO is have a face to face conversation with your boss and tell them that you've decided you need to quit to concentrate on your studies, that you're thankful for the opportunity he gave you, that you understand his disappointment and that you are willing to give two weeks notice.

It sounds like what you are GOING TO DO though is screw him over by quitting without any notice, doing it by text because you want to avoid an awkward personal conversation, and allaying your guilty conscious for screwing him over by convincing yourself that you have to do it this way because your classes are hard.

Yes, resign. Your education is job 1.

Yeah I'm studying engineering

Be an adult and hand deliver your written 2 week notice.

Don't play games .

• Judy

It's rude and juvenile to not give two weeks notice, VERY rude and juvenile to give none, but not illegal. There's no polite way to say it though.

If your studying something decent like math, chemistry, engineering, etc. then quit your job and apply yourself to your studies.

If you are studying English Language, French Art, Climate studies, Women's Studies , Advanced Basket Weaving or some stupid stuff like that then keep your job and get real good at it. You won't get a job learning that crap.