Have you ever had an awe inspiring experience with nature that made you feel closer to God?

I went on a whale watch with my girlfriend and my aunt in Massachusetts. The boat ended up being surrounded on all sides by humpback whales. They were so close you could almost touch them. I looked right into their eyes. It was amazing! Please tell your story about a wonderful experience that was almost a spiritual experience.

Favorite Answer

I have had many experiences like that. One that sticks out is, it was my son's 15th birthday and we went to Cape Hatteras, NC, we were swimming on a very empty beach which was beautiful. And the next day we saw a pod of dolphins and some of them were maybe 10 feet away from us. It was so beautiful. God's wonders are all around us every day, we just have to open our eyes and heart to His wonders.

Not a believer or disbeliever but once i was backpacking alone and had a bear cub cross the trail up ahead. I stopped, took a full breath and sure enough there's mama a few steps behind.

Guess I may have thought 'Thank God' a few seconds later but who knows. LOL now!

Yeah that sounds amazing, I believe nature does bring us closer to God because they are His creations. The serenity, beauty, and peace connect us to Him. I feel it in the wind rustling through the trees sometimes or in a starry sky