D asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 4 months ago

How do I get my mom to let me cut my hair?

My hair has always been super long (about 30 inches). My mom has never cut off more than 2 inches. Which doesn t make a difference in my hair because of how long it is. I spent 30 minutes every night and day brushing and styling it and I m honestly really sick of it. Everytime I bring it up to her she always says "Your hair is beautiful" "Other girls would die for your hair" and I don t know how to get her to change her mind. She doesn t understand that just because some other people like it doesn t mean I do. I m very unhappy and miserable with dealing with my hair everyday and I don t know how to get her to understand that. I don t even want it super short and she can t seem to comprehend that there s loads of dead ends on my hair that need to go. I m in high school and I ve had long hair my whole life. How can I convince her to cut it?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Tell her you wanna donate it.

• Stasia
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

Tell her you want to donate it to "Locks of Love" the Cancer organization.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

How bought ask your mother to take you to a hairdresser

• D4 months agoReport

She won't and has never taken me to one because of a bad experience when I was little. She's always been the one to trim my hair since then. Don't know why. But thanks for trying to help

• 4 months ago

Dont do it just my opinion......

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Just cut it yourself. It will look like crap but then she won't have much choice.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

you could cut it anyways and take whatever punishment she dishes out

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

So go to a hair dresser and have it cut, she can hardly glue the hair back on can she?

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Tell her you want to donate it to "Locks of Love" the Cancer organization.

• 4 months ago

Your mother is NEVER gonna change her mind so just cut you hair to what ever length you want it to be. She will learn to live with her disappointment.

• 4 months ago

Umm, go get a hair cut after school and don't tell your mom. You're a teenager, that's what teenagers are supposed to do: disappoint their parents.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.