How do I get my mom to let me cut my hair?

My hair has always been super long (about 30 inches). My mom has never cut off more than 2 inches. Which doesn t make a difference in my hair because of how long it is. I spent 30 minutes every night and day brushing and styling it and I m honestly really sick of it. Everytime I bring it up to her she always says... show more My hair has always been super long (about 30 inches). My mom has never cut off more than 2 inches. Which doesn t make a difference in my hair because of how long it is. I spent 30 minutes every night and day brushing and styling it and I m honestly really sick of it. Everytime I bring it up to her she always says "Your hair is beautiful" "Other girls would die for your hair" and I don t know how to get her to change her mind. She doesn t understand that just because some other people like it doesn t mean I do. I m very unhappy and miserable with dealing with my hair everyday and I don t know how to get her to understand that. I don t even want it super short and she can t seem to comprehend that there s loads of dead ends on my hair that need to go. I m in high school and I ve had long hair my whole life. How can I convince her to cut it?
15 answers 15