Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 12 months ago

Would y'all rather have higher taxes but more services or lower taxes but fewer services?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Higher taxes but more services.

I'd even rather have higher taxes without more services, because when Republicans cut taxes, the economy seems to get worse.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Same taxes but cut like 10% of the military budget so we can double the other services.

(Obviously this only applies in the USA. Other countries don't spend the majority of their money on weapons.)

• RICK
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Depends on what services you are talking about

For example yes I would pay higher SS taxes for a larger SS check at retirement age

No I would not pay higher taxes to pay off sometimes student loan or to pay for someone erlses health insurance.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Without specifics, it's really impossible to say. What services? how much more services? At what cost?

$30,000 a year extra so you could get mail delivered 4x a day? $50 for 24/7 EMT care? It's all in the details.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 12 months ago

I pay more taxes every year than most people pay in their life. And I don't mind paying taxes. When it's for cops, EMT's, roads, firemen, libraries, anything for the American citizens. But this year we will pay over $100 BILLION to give food stamps, housing, healthcare, education ,and just plain old CASH to illegal immigrants.

So yeah. I would rather have lower taxes and fewer services,

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

probably higher taxes and more services

• Jeff T
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

I want a government that is efficient with the resources that are given to it. In Louisiana the inspector general just discovered that there was an organization where the internal auditors reported to the head of security.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

I used to like shopping in a nearby city because they had 2% lower sales tax. Then they raised their sales tax to 10% like everyone else and I was pissed at them. Then I started using their disc golf park 5-6 times a week and the sales tax does not bother me as much.

But, I would opt for 3% sales tax and a pay a little as you go on most everything.

It will never happen though. Sales tax will continue going higher forever.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Lower taxes and no services. That way we weed out the scrap

• 12 months ago

Lower taxes and higher services. Duh!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.