Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

I wasted my childhood and regret it so badly?

I turned 18 not too long ago, and when I was a kid, the only thing I did was spend time on the computer or game consoles (I was severely addicted to video games). Now I am older and find video games to be extremely stupid and a huge waste of time, I often get mad at myself for not making friends or participating in other children's activities (like going on play dates). As an adult, it is so hard to find a way to make up for all the time I lost. I try, but then some stupid adult crap kicks in. I would do whatever I could to get my childhood back and live it differently! I feel like it's too late to live the childhood I never got to live (due to me being so stupid). If there is a way to make up for all this lost time, please tell me, I am so depressed!

• Helen
    Favorite Answer

You're 18, not 90. Your whole life is in front of you.

No one's childhood is perfect. If you were loved, looked after, and had a semi-functional, stable upbringing then you were luckier than many.

Did you enjoy your childhood at the time? If yes, then it wasn't wasted.

Maybe you could design video games for a living. Those that make good players know what makes a game good. As long as you learned something that you can use later, you've not wasted anything.

Lol actually you might set a good example on other children that have addiction problems with video games

and all that electronic shi. because I know several. It's sad seeing how they live their life on stupid Snapchat 10 hours every day of their life at the age 15 or a 10 year old that's on the Xbox 8 hours every day of their life. You need to be heard in an auditorium in the schools.

Shithead...YOU ARE STILL, clearly, a F#CKING CHILD. You certainly still think like one. You are NOT in a relationship....you don't have a job...you don't have children...you have ZERO responsibilities. Your life HAS NOT EVEN BEGUN and you are DEPRESSED?!?!?! You are also an IDIOT.

sadly it's over. but you understand this and can be an advocate for children, and in doing so you might meet a hot lady advocate that wants to warn kids about burning all their brain cell on gaming. and hopefully said woman will get it on with you.

• steve

Sadly your childhood is gone but that doesn't mean you can't do childish things.

Get your adult friends together and ask them all what they enjoyed doing as a child outdoors. Then book a weekend away together and re-enact them.

You might look pretty silly doing it but it will be fun.

Been there and done it and had to explain to a farmer what I in my mid 30's was doing hiding underneath his tractor and he couldn't move it or I would be caught playing hide and seek.

It's a good thing you got rid of your addiction, and you are now 18 years old, not 28 or 38. You have still plenty of time left in life. Think about what other stuff you would have wanted to do as a child and turn them into something that you could do now.

As soon as i saw " i just turned 18" i laughed ur still young you didnt waste anything dude

• 6 months agoReport

The demon want Jews soul by Oct 9th 2047 (JDAY)
      Doomsday? Ask Mayan cos he awaken in 2012
      https://m.vk.com/wall519091887_137

You didnot expect judgement day even book of life already exist? Don't forget, one baby Jews also cannot let go
      SEEK "DANNY WOO VK" IN QWANT FOR BOOK OF LIFE, IF LINK BROKEN

Even though it's late you can still make friends.

It's called maturity. As you get older, you reprioritize your life. When I was a teen, I gamed between 6-10hrs a day. I was an A-Honor Roll student with a part-time job. Gaming was my outlet.

Over time, life beat some sense into me. At 26, I went for 2 years without picking up. I am now 40 and game about 7 hours (or less) a week. I've had my regrets from childhood, but I can't change them.

Best you can do is move forward. Find something meaningful to put your life into.