Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 6 months ago

Do none wealthy people not usually go to Broadway musicals for economical reasons or do they just have no interest?

It's only like a hundred dollars, I'm sure there middle class guys that have blown way more then that at a strip club before

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Look at the people sitting in the expensive seats, those are likely wealthy people.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

You mean 'economic' reasons, not 'economical'.

People of every class and background go to every kind of performance that they are interested, and that they can afford. Obviously some can go oftener than others.

There is no rule that says poorer people can only be interested in 'strip joints'.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Do you mean non-wealthy people?

I'm in the UK, and I manage to get to London's West End once or twice a year to see a musical or a play.

I can't afford to go more often. If I could afford it, I'd go much more frequently.

• 6 months ago

People that don't have money can't afford to treat themselves.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

We're not wealthy and we go to shows all the time. We have a subscription to Roundabout and that's 6 or 7 shows a year. Plus we see other shows, some on B'way, some off, and some in tiny theaters tucked away somewhere. All in all it's a lot of fun.

• ...Show all comments
    • Hernando
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

We'd love to see ATPTB. Many box office prices are insane now. We go through tdf.org or other sources for discount tickets.

• 6 months ago

We can afford it, and live close to NYC. However, most shows running now are crap. Remade Disney, or things trying to move an agenda. We are show club ticket members from years ago, so can get good seats at great prices - but they are no thrill. We have full and exciting lives filled with live music - including our own live concerts we are constantly preparing for. Last thing we saw and likedv was Aint Too Proud to Beg. Gotta love the creativity if Motown!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes............................

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

the media lies.......

• 6 months ago

Many people don't have $100 to spend on a show. Most people don't say "only" $100.

• CB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Anyone who can afford it and like that type of entertainment go see plays on Broadway - end of discussion. It is all about priorities.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.