Will the economy ever really recover from the 1980 recession?

When I got out of college in the late 70s the economy was humming along. I could get a job in 2 weeks. I was building a good savings and then in early Dec 79 things started down. In the following years they'd tell us that economy was recovering or that it was in recession. During the time it seemed like I never... show more When I got out of college in the late 70s the economy was humming along. I could get a job in 2 weeks. I was building a good savings and then in early Dec 79 things started down. In the following years they'd tell us that economy was recovering or that it was in recession. During the time it seemed like I never reached the point of what it was like in the late 70s. I lost my job in 2005 and it took me over a year to find another job. I had to apply for over 200 jobs. In the 1970s I could get a job in a couple weeks at the most.
Update 2: The economy may have recovered but it is not as robust as it was before 1980. I have lived a long time and I remember back then. The minimum wage has been stuck at $7.25 an hour for more than a decade. I went three years without a raise during the depression of 207-2009. When they gave us raises they were very... show more The economy may have recovered but it is not as robust as it was before 1980. I have lived a long time and I remember back then. The minimum wage has been stuck at $7.25 an hour for more than a decade. I went three years without a raise during the depression of 207-2009. When they gave us raises they were very small. Also there was a time when mothers stayed home to raise their children, now they must get a job just to survive. There are a lot of McJobs but not "real" jobs.