Hiking boots or heavy work/contractor boots?

Which type of boot would be best to wear for long periods of time; in rough terrain, in any kind of climate, can take a serious beating and can protect my feet from rocks sticks and other kinds of debris? And is waterproof or at least water resistant? I m wanting to go camping in the mountains for a few days and... show more Which type of boot would be best to wear for long periods of time; in rough terrain, in any kind of climate, can take a serious beating and can protect my feet from rocks sticks and other kinds of debris? And is waterproof or at least water resistant?

I m wanting to go camping in the mountains for a few days and I want a good pair of boots I can wear for a long amount of time without it wearing down. Comfort would be a plus but I m just fine putting some kind of squishy memory foam insole in the shoe to make it comfortable enough. But I want a pair that will keep my feet dry and protected and help me not slip and fall.
1 answer 1