Why did my father saw himself as a failure once?

Someone was getting harassed in 8th grade and I sadly once joined in the laughing crowd, each of us shoving the classmate back and forth. Nothing was missing in the house. My parents did everything to guide me in the right direction. Needless to say, my father found out about it and really thought that he failed.... show more Someone was getting harassed in 8th grade and I sadly once joined in the laughing crowd, each of us shoving the classmate back and forth. Nothing was missing in the house. My parents did everything to guide me in the right direction.

Needless to say, my father found out about it and really thought that he failed. It hurt me to see him with the most disappointing expression ever. It tried explaining it wasn't his fault but he thought it was. It hurt me to see him sad that day.

That was enough for him, having to deal with making the one person that had a better expectation of me, who trusted me to do the right thing (that already assumed I was raised good) sad.
Update: I meant ''that was enough for me''...that look on his face haunted me that day.
Update 2: Never did it again ever since. Seeing I've hurt the person that trusted me the most was enough for me.