I plan to join the infantry (11b) national guard. What are the chances I can volunteer to a combat zone.?

I want to join the infantry but can’t go active duty due to an apprenticeship in a trade I have to finish so I have a career. But I also want to join the infantry and deploy to a combat zone during my time in. I have been told as a guardsmen the chances of this happening even if I want it to are low. What are the... show more I want to join the infantry but can’t go active duty due to an apprenticeship in a trade I have to finish so I have a career. But I also want to join the infantry and deploy to a combat zone during my time in. I have been told as a guardsmen the chances of this happening even if I want it to are low. What are the chances I will actually be able to deploy to combat zone.