1969 Cadillac Deville or 1980 Chevy Citation?

Which car do you like better between these two and why?

I also find it interesting that I see more 1969 Cadillac Deville's than I do with the 1980 Chevy Citation's today, in the 1990's it was the total opposite.

• g
    Favorite Answer

Neither really.

The Citation was a low-budget low quality offering from Chevrolet. Their design and integrity were far fleeting.

The Deville however was at least mildly interesting though it was not one of Cadillac's most handsome designs. It was was simply a hog. Heavy (4775 lb), poor handling, and its 472 CID V-8 went through gas faster than Johnny Depp or Mathew McConaughey can suck down weed.

• Road Warrior4 months agoReport

They made 911,000 Citations in 19809. They kept Chevrolet afloat. They are Bulletproof, good cars. Not sportscars, no, but neither are a lot of new ones. .

• In

A '69 Caddy was worth keeping. A Chevy Citation was not.

• David

I don't know a thing about the Caddy but the 80 Citation is a horrible car.

• chorle

Not the citation we had a used one and it was awful. I do think GM used the Citation to know what not to do when they designed the Cavalier.

The 69 would be more durable and if you have a short drive maybe but I found having a car over 20 years old is better for someone with some mechanical and bodywork skills than I have.

.........................

I like Cadillacs but both are cool

I like the '69 better. Unless the Citation is an X-11. a collectable.

Even though I own an '80 Citation, oddly. It has a bulletproof engine and 4 speed, but the auto versions were lack;luster, poor MPG, went out expensively. Body rot was bad in some GMs.

I read over nine hundred thousand '80 Citations made, it saved Chevrolet. Where are they Now? he 4 cyls were lackluster, the V6's were "fair" on performance. The FWD V6 block they initiated is now GM's bread and butter.

• RICK

I had a 1980 Citation (they came out in 1979 with 1980s their first model year)

Bought it brand new, it was a great little car, drove it 12 years with zero mechanical problems

But the body rusted out quick

Early Chevy front wheel drive car were terrible. Can you say "Torque steer"? If you were going around a corner and hit the gas, the thing would go into another lane. Rust was also a big problem. Trade in values on those cars were laughable.

Go with the rear drive Caddy. Maybe Danny at Count's Kustoms in Las Vegas will offer to buy it. He loves old Cadillacs.

• Road Warrior4 months agoReport

Bull ****. Mine does Not. Handle Well. , You have been reading Wiki too much. Yes, bodies Did rot. So did all GMs around late 70's, early ;80's.

In 1978 GM introduced urethane plastic materials to all of their cars. Urethane plastics and foam have a lifespan of approximately 13 years, that is why the 69' models go on while all later than 78' are thrown away.