Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 6 months ago

Should I confront them?

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and I went snooping and just found out that 3 and a half years ago he had sex with a family friend of my family one time. She was 45 and he was 20. I read where they were both saying to each other that it was a mistake and they don't want anyone to find out about it. She said she would be humiliated if anyone found out. Should I confront them or let it drop?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Let it drop. You'd only been dating for six months at that point so not yet really serious. They both seem to regret it and if in the 3.5 years since then he's been a good boyfriend this isn't worth creating drama over.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If he hasn't cheated since then, drop it -- it happened 3-1/2 years ago, when you had been dating him for only 6 months. That's what happens when you "snoop" - you might find out stuff that you don't want to know.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Why do you mistrust him so much you go snooping?

After that time, put it behind you

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Ok, so you found out way after the fact that he's a cheater. Why are they communicating about it now?? Or you were digging into 3.5 year old information??

There's a double-sided problem here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Yes you should confront them.

• 6 months ago

Argh, a tough one! You're with him for 4 years and that happened 3.5 years ago, meaning he cheated on you.... so... it really depends on how your relationship has been during all these years. If he has been nice and faithful to you, I would say just drop it. Otherwise you can attack him bloody murder all together and leave him.

• 6 months ago

Since it is DONE, AND OVER WITH, let it drop. Don't open old wounds, as it will cause MUCH trouble for all involved.

• Mikey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Not sure what you hope to gain by confronting him. It won't end well. Maybe its time to stop snooping. But either way, lets face it. You won't be able to unknow this. I can see the trust melting away.

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

were you having sex with him at that time? if yes then confront!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.