I want to go to the gym but?

I read that there are people who went to the gym and had heart attacks and died or almost died i want to go to the gym and lose weight but this scares me, especially because my grandmothers on both sides have had heart attacks (one of them died because of a heart attack), my mom had a heart defect (its not... show more I read that there are people who went to the gym and had heart attacks and died or almost died
i want to go to the gym and lose weight but this scares me, especially because my grandmothers on both sides have had heart attacks (one of them died because of a heart attack), my mom had a heart defect (its not detectable anymore) and her brother died of a heart attack (he had the same heart defect)
my dads family is prone to diabetes and his grandparents have had heart attacks and issues on both sides

now previously in p.e class in highschool i have fainted once and i have had dizziness and nausea spells like 4 times (in all 4 years)
however im 18 so my chances of them are low for my age
i had a blood exam around 6 months ago that showed i had normal results on everything (cholesterol, iron, etc)
my bmi is 25, i am pretty sedentary, and i have no known heart problems
what do you think?