I need an active voice for this sentence “Why can we go somewhere that it is not infested with grizzlies.”?

• Mike
    Favorite Answer

Let's go someplace the grizzlies aren't infesting.

"Infested" is not a passive voice here. It's a participle used as an adjective.

Why can't we go somewhere that is not infested with grizzlies? [the sentence is already in active voice, not passive] >

Why can't we go somewhere that is not full of grizzlies? [not passive]

Some other adjectives have also developed from past participles, such as "afraid."

afraid (adj.)

"impressed with fear, fearful," early 14th century, originally the past participle of the now-obsolete Middle English verb afray "frighten," from Anglo-French afrayer, Old French affrai, effrei, esfrei "disturbance, fright," from esfreer (v.) "to worry, concern, trouble, disturb," from Vulgar Latin *exfridare, a hybrid word meaning literally "to take out of peace."

Source(s): Online Etymology Dictionary

I assume you mean "can't" not "can." The most direct way is "Why can't we go somewhere that grizzlies don't infest?" This should suffice for a grammar test even if it's probably not something you'd say in real life.

• I do not think this sentence is passive voice. It is just awkward and poorly construction. I see "go" as the predicate - where is the "be" auxiliary verb always present in passive voice? Direct writing is always the best. "Let's go somewhere not infested with grizzlies."

Thank you, it sounds great! but I can’t use the f *** on my paper.

Let's get the F*** outta bear country