Austin asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 11 months ago

How Long will I sleep with hydroxyzine 50mg?

I was recently prescribed hydroxyzine 50mg to help me sleep. Iam kind of afraid to take it. I was just wondering how quickly it takes effect after you take it, can you easily be woken up after taking it? How long do you usually sleep after you take it? Are you just conpletly knocked out or what? I just dont want to take it at night then be late to work the next morning due to over sleeping....

try it the first time when yo don't have to get up for work.

• Stoo

These are questions a) to ask your doctor and b) you answer by trying it. Probably best to try it on a day you're not having to work the next morning, or to give yourself a lot of time. The doctor can give you a general estimate on how it might affect you, but everyone reacts slightly differently to drugs - some people it might have zero effect, some it might knock out pretty hard. You only find out which you are by trying it.