promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are women being held back?

Is the patriarchy preventing women and girls from being the best by discouraging and discriminating against them?

and at the same time are they spreading the propaganda that men are better at everything, even though women are naturally better at some things?

For example, it is well known that women are more physically flexible than men are, but for some reason a MAN holds the title of the most flexible person in this world. Like WTF is this patriarchal propaganda.

Men also like to use these OUTLIERS to prove that men are better at certain things than women on average. But the reason why men were the majority of the inventors and the majority of those winning the nobel prize is because of DISCRIMINATION.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • donnie
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

Not discrimination. Maybe he is the most flexible just like I would not throw a whiney fit if a woman got stronges person kn the would as long as she was. Your the sexist looking with a biased mind.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Who says they are held back?? Since most high earning jobs dont demand physical strength, then why should a woman worry. It's due to feminism that women don't take part in STEM subjects. I agree women have no physical strength, but I don't see any difference between the intelligence of a man and a woman, but women tend to have a better memory than men on average.

• 9 months ago

In a lot of countries, obviously. Somewhere like, say, Saudia Arabia, or even India, it pretty much sucks rusty boulders to be a woman.

In countries like the US, or most of Europe? It's... a lot more complex.

I think there is still discrimination holding women back in some areas, but at this point, it's subtle stuff. And there's other discrimination holding *men* back in other areas.

I personally think women face a little more total discrimination and ill treatment on grounds of gender in the US, but the difference is small enough, and the *ways* in which men vs women are treated unfairly are so profoundly different enough, it's like comparing apples and... I don't know, cars. If you care more about how things taste, apples are better. If you care more about getting places fast, cars are better. But for the most part, if you asked someone "Which is better, apples or cars?", they will... look at you in confusion.

I mean, would you rather have people treat you like you're an incompetent idiot whenever you are taking care of children, or have people assume that you are not the one who is shopping for a car or computer, your male friend is? Would you rather have a higher risk of being convicted of a crime, or a lower wage? (yes, yes, the wage gap is very complex, but this is not the place for that discussion). And so on.

Men are better at some things, on average. Women are better at other things, on average. And it is generally the case that, for various reasons, for any given trait men as a group often have a wider "range" than women as a group--for example, men and women have about the same average intelligence, but there are a lot more male geniuses, as well as a lot more male idiots. Women tend to be closer to the average, while a much greater fraction of men are near the extremes.

It's late and this is already a novel, so just try to keep in mind that there's a lot of truth to the idea that "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence".

• Lv 4
      9 months agoReport

As an Indian guy, I don't think Indian women are held back. Our country India treats women like goddesses and queens. It's too bad. A woman can hit a guy, but a guy can't. Such shame on Indians. Indian women are the most feminist and entitled women in US, but not in India. You need to shut up!

• God
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

Maybe 150 years ago. Today women have far more advantages than men. Women have the exact same opportunity as men. But instead of actually WORKING to achieve things, women would rather be lazy, and play the victim. There is no patriarch. If anything we live in a matriarch today. It's not discrimination just because women are lazy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Females are advantaged in education, in job hiring and in business ownership. They are not held back.

• Elana
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Could be. All you need is actual evidence and not your blind suppositions based on the assumption that everybody is equal except when women are better.

• EXZTNZ
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

Women like to rely on "discrimination" to cover for their incompetence and lack of achievements as a collective.

• 9 months ago

"Are women being held back?"

Nope. Women have all the same Opportunities, Rights and Freedoms that men do, enforced by law, in all the nations of the first world.

Any person, women or man, that prevents themselves from seizing any such opportunity because of outside influence, or media promotion, or "propaganda" or any other non-systemic/legal source that has no dominion over them, is making that choice for themselves and has no one to blame for doing so, except themselves.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.