Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 months ago

How long should I wait before coloring my hair?

I recently permed my hair, and it was a light body perm. Meant to produce a sort beachy wave. My hair has always been so incredibly straight, and after about a week, it basically fell out, leaving my hair slightly frizzy but without any wave or curl. My ends, however were completely fried. Now I would like to change my hair color at home ASAP, and the details on the dye I have say to wait at least 14 days. Should about three weeks be long enough, or should I wait longer?

• Kaz
    Favorite Answer

You could probably do what the package says, but I always thought it was a month. After I dyed my hair I waited a month and then got a body wave (or permanent). I would think it would be the same wait time for coloring after getting a body wave (or permanent).

Fortunately I've never gotten a fried ends, next time ask for a different product. Perhaps it was too caustic for your hair type - or they left it on too long. Good luck.