promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Vintage medicine bottles!?

I have some clear vintage medicine bottles, I want to display then and I want to add something inside them that looks like old pills. Does anyone have any idea where I can purchase something like that? Or a DIY project I can do??

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

borax looks kinda cool in med jars (its actually a real med)-the powdered form is in laundry/cleaning aisles. so does powdered mustard. I often fill my med jars (I have thousands) with herbs, seed pods etc as many meds were actually that.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

I have some old clear bottles with corks in them. I filled them with water and a couple of drops of blue food coloring. Another old bottle I have, I filled with colorful marbles.

Often antique stores display old milk bottles with tiny Styrofoam balls, like the ones inside of bean bags.

If you want the look of pills, you can find a variety of candy mints that may work, like tick-tacs or Mementos. A bottle of aspirin would also do the trick.

• Stasia
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

you could try amazon, they sell everything

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Vintage are not clear. They are amber or greenish or bluish colored glass bottles with cork stoppers. Maybe visit a museum? Some are still in peoples homes.

• Paris8 months agoReport

Maybe you should research more. Have you ever seen an apothecary glass bottle with a glass stopper? Maybe you’re the one who needs to visit the museum?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

"Tic Tac" mints? or the American "Dynamint" version.

• 9 months ago

You can get placebo pills - they are made to look like real medicine. You could probably get them at the pharmacy - since they have no active ingredients, they don't require a prescription, but you would probably have to ask for them. I've never seen placebo pills on the shelves.

Also, you can buy empty gelatin capsules; they sell them in different sizes and colors. I get them on Amazon, and they sell placebos on Amazon too.

• Tulip
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

How do you know they are medication bottles?

• audrey
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Go to Hobby Lobby or a Michael's store. The will have some kind of craft material that will work just fine.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Use something fairly benign, like aspirin tablets or vitamins. That way, if someone tries to sample the contents, it won't be toxic.

• Paris9 months agoReport

Would Tic Tacs look unrealistic?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

you could try amazon, they sell everything

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.