Vintage medicine bottles!?

I have some clear vintage medicine bottles, I want to display then and I want to add something inside them that looks like old pills. Does anyone have any idea where I can purchase something like that? Or a DIY project I can do??

Favorite Answer

borax looks kinda cool in med jars (its actually a real med)-the powdered form is in laundry/cleaning aisles. so does powdered mustard. I often fill my med jars (I have thousands) with herbs, seed pods etc as many meds were actually that.

I have some old clear bottles with corks in them. I filled them with water and a couple of drops of blue food coloring. Another old bottle I have, I filled with colorful marbles.

Often antique stores display old milk bottles with tiny Styrofoam balls, like the ones inside of bean bags.

If you want the look of pills, you can find a variety of candy mints that may work, like tick-tacs or Mementos. A bottle of aspirin would also do the trick.

• Stasia

you could try amazon, they sell everything

Vintage are not clear. They are amber or greenish or bluish colored glass bottles with cork stoppers. Maybe visit a museum? Some are still in peoples homes.

• Paris8 months agoReport

Maybe you should research more. Have you ever seen an apothecary glass bottle with a glass stopper? Maybe you’re the one who needs to visit the museum?

"Tic Tac" mints? or the American "Dynamint" version.

You can get placebo pills - they are made to look like real medicine. You could probably get them at the pharmacy - since they have no active ingredients, they don't require a prescription, but you would probably have to ask for them. I've never seen placebo pills on the shelves.

Also, you can buy empty gelatin capsules; they sell them in different sizes and colors. I get them on Amazon, and they sell placebos on Amazon too.

• Tulip

How do you know they are medication bottles?

• audrey

Go to Hobby Lobby or a Michael's store. The will have some kind of craft material that will work just fine.

• JetDoc

Use something fairly benign, like aspirin tablets or vitamins. That way, if someone tries to sample the contents, it won't be toxic.

• Paris9 months agoReport

Would Tic Tacs look unrealistic?