Listing is taken off of the position I applied for. Should I just give up?

Tired of employers beating around the bush after I get interviewed. Rather people say they aren’t interested me at the first interview

Again I’m not trying to sound entitled. I just really want a job. I need one for my medical bills

• 9 hours ago

Do not go to these sites. They will steal your credit card information.

• 14 hours ago

Yes, quitting is the key to success. SMH

Then you will continue to be tired. They don't want to risk a bad reaction (you freaking out) nor would they want to risk a lawsuit over improper hiring practices...so they wont be telling you you're out when you go for the interview. Its to protect them...while being somewhat cruel to applicants...

Unless you are totally a bad fit, a company isn't going to determine at the interview if you aren't accepted to go on to the next step.

- the company is looking at/interviewing multiple candidates.

- after all the interviews then the individuals who have participated in the interviews will discuss the pros and cons of each candidate

- make a selection on who is moved to the next step.

The position could be removed from the job board because

- they have selected the candidate they want to hire

- they have many good candidates and don't need anyone else to apply

- they have decided that they are not going to hire for this role at this time.

i would just apply somewhere else

• In

Considering that you have never worked anywhere, your experience in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Only if you want to fail. What you'd prefer employers do isn't relevant. If you need or want a job, then you apply to as many appropriate job openings as possible. It is a blow to our egos when we don't get a job, but you can't let that stop you. If you are confident that you are qualified for the positions to which you apply, then start doing some self-assessment about how you interview; what is your dress, grooming, attitude? Also consider who you are using for references and if there is anything you can do to improve your resume or qualifications.

Unemployment is really low, so eventually you should be able to find a position.

I've never ever been to an interview where they tell me they aren't interested at the first interview.. I also do interviews for my company & I've never told anyone at an interview that I'm not going to hire them.. Just don't want to hurt their feelings. If the listing is taken off they either have several apps that they like and are still deciding, or they have hired someone already. It doesn't necessarily mean you won't get a call, it just means they have received many resumes & know they will have enough to choose from. Never stop looking even when you do get an interview... until you have an offer! Good luck!

• Danielle3 months agoReport

Why are you going to give them false hope saying that you will call them and never do

Always assume they aren't interested in you.

No of course you don't give up. You keep applying for jobs until you get one.

Absolutely. Giving up always leads to success.