Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 9 months ago

Airbag service light on, did a reset and it’s off does that mean it’s ok?

I know yahoo answers is not the place to go for car advice but I’m searching if anyone else had a similar experience, my usual mechanic is on vacation! I have 15 Dodge Dart, the air bag light has been on and off a few days and was on all day while I was driving, I looked online and saw you can keep turning your car on and off and it’ll reset, I did that and now it’s been off. Does that mean it’s safe to drive now or did it just turn the light off and the issue is still there, maybe it’s just a bad sensor I have no idea!My biggest fear is my airbags randomly deploying.

Your airbags wont randomly deploy. If the light is off now, leave well alone

It's probably an air bag with an intermittent failure.

You have warranty on the air bag system for 8 years. Go to the dealer.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Joe

The airbag system does a self-test with every start-up. You have an intermittent fault somewhere.

The airbag won't go off unexpectedly. But it may not activate when you need it if you have a fault condition.