Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 6 months ago

Rear ended car won’t start at all?

I was rear ended pretty hard yesterday as soon as I was hit my car started shaking really bad. I managed to pull my car over to the grass and it just completely turned off. Couldn’t turn key in ignition radio, AC nothing would work. Any idea what could cause this?

Favorite Answer

Could the jolt have tripped the fuel-pump rollover/collision switch??? Not knowing what kind of car you have, don't know where yours is - but my reset is in the trunk.

See if the cables were knocked loose off the battery.

WHat caused it is the car that rear ended you "pretty hard"

AS for what specific damage occured in teh collision that is preventing your car from starting? - I'd need mechanic's training and a few hours with your car to figure that out.

Possibly a fuel pump? The fuel tank is located near the back in many cars and the pump is inside the tank, so damage to the fuel pump or fuel lines from a rear end collision can me no fuel is getting to the motor which obviously means it won't start.

But there are lots of other possibilities also. You need to have the car towed to a qualified mechanic and contact your insurance company. They will work for you to get compensation from the driver who hit you (likely through that driver's insurance if they have it).

Your insurance company.

• Ron

it's a damned shame you made no mention of the year, make and model

Is your car one with the battery in the trunk ? Have you checked it?