promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

I want to go to a job fair but...?

I only have cleaning work experience which I find embarrassing.

Should I just take the leaflets etc. without giving them my CV?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Pat
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

you don't have a CV.

You have a resume.

And yes.

Take it and pass it out.

It won't hurt, and may help.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

You do not have cleaning work experience, you have building maintenance work experience. Companies are looking for people who are not afraid of working and know how to show up on time, all the time. All work is honorable.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Don't give your CV to every company, only the ones you're interested in. You'll never know if you don't try.

• Alex
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

No need to be embarrassed about your experience. The recruiters at job fairs are there for two reasons. The primary reason is to fill open positions. The secondary reason is to advertise their companies (in fact, some companies will go to job fairs with no open positions so as to simply have a presence there).

Now for the ones that are trying to fill open positions, this is an ideal time for someone such as yourself, who is unsure about your qualifications, to go talk to the recruiters and ask questions. Let them know what your experience is, what your aptitude is (i.e. if you're good at dealing with people, good at learning new things quickly, like working the night shift, stuff like that which may not be reflected in your employment experience).

So you talk to a recruiter, let them know about you, and find out more about the positions they have. If the recruiter encourages you to apply for a position, take an application and leave a CV (If you have one), then move on to the next recruiter. If you're not qualified for any positions that a recruiter has to fill, thank them, then move on. He or she is not going to look down on you in any way.

Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

What does just taking the leaflets accomplish? If you apply they're going to want your CV, so what's the point of not giving it to them now?

Your job experience is what it is. The topic is going to come up in an interview, so if you're embarrassed about your work history, consider the job fair an opportunity to desensitize yourself to having to disclose and discuss your work history.

Obviously relevant work experience is much preferred, but when compared to someone who has no work experience there is still something to be said for having held a job, even completely unrelated.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Give them your CV.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.