Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 3 months ago

If dogs eat their crap, then why do YOU have to pick up their crap?

Best Answer

The diet of a cow is quite different, usually, to that of a dog who produces stools that in general, do not break down and are of NO use as fertilizer. It has nothing to do with what the Government might, or might not, think.

And yes, you should always pick up after your dog - and probably stop it eating what it produces, or use a better food which doesn't go through their system without being properly digested and so remains appealing.

Is bad for them. That's why you should pick it up before they eat it

Because they SHOULDN'T eat their feces.

Dogs shouldnt eat their own crap. They often do it because there is some kind of issue with malnutrition or malabsorption, they are not fed enough- thus seeking anything to eat, their kibble is full of fillers.. Or they have been abused when they soil, so they resort to eating it as an attempt to hide it.

You pick it up because dog poop doesnt make good fettilizer, no one wants to step in it.. And poop (of any kind) can potentially carry parasites. Poop also attracts flies. It also STINKS. I dont want to sit on my back porch and smell dog crap thats been baking in the summer heat.

I don't let my dogs eat it

I dont they crap in my fields with my stock which they also look after

Source(s): Shepherd

Let us just say that most carnivorous animals' crap is a piss poor fertilizer. There really isn't much that plants could get their nutrients from in there.

Herbivores, on the other hand, are useful. The more grass an animal eats, the less nitrogen is in their crap. And there are more concentrated nutrients in animals that eat either wood or vegetables.

Source(s): Google.

TBH, I don't see why either. Apparently, the government is against using dogshite as a fertilizer.

And yet cow manure is the top fertilizer. They're both mammals! Figure it out, Britain!