How would I go about getting invested in stocks? Is there a right way or best way to do it?

Hello I’m 23 and getting into the mindset that I want myself to be financially stable if not well off in the future. I’m not looking for rich quick schemes just an honest living with a few side investments. I have been told not to worry about my finances at such a young age a couple times. I understand my 20’s are... show more Hello I’m 23 and getting into the mindset that I want myself to be financially stable if not well off in the future. I’m not looking for rich quick schemes just an honest living with a few side investments. I have been told not to worry about my finances at such a young age a couple times. I understand my 20’s are when I should be thinking about having fun and all but I keep getting this nagging sensation in the back of my mind when I think about starting a family or taking care of my parents when they get old. Any advice would be noted and appreciated. Thank you for the time.