After disabling Intel HD graphic GPU (so now I have Nvidia geforce 840m) everything is just more laggy. WHY?

Games (e.g Rocket League) are laggy if my laptop is unplugged, not laggy when plugged in. I did some research and read that it's because it's using the Intel graphics card when unplugged and the nvidia when plugged in. So now I disabled the Intel GPU, but... Now games are laggy when plugged in, too.

EDIT: All I want is high performance not only when plugged in, but when unplugged too

Favorite Answer

you cant disable the intel gpu as it is part of the cpu. any pc can have more than 1 gpu thats perfectly normal. if you have a 2nd gpu then that gpu comes with SOFTWARE utility to allow you to ADD PROGRAMS that need to use the better gpu, to a database so that when that program is running then the 2nd gpu knows it is needed. Its called Nvidia Optimus. All laptops these days have variable speed cpu's that are clocked down when on battery and the battery level gets low. Your Power Scheme settings control just how low they can go, or how high you are allowed to keep them going at. You need to adjust your power scheme settings.

Just dont disable intel HD graphics they work fine

How have you got power management set? It could be that you're being throttled to preserve battery life.

the embedded intel graphics on the cpu are used in some applications. the software to do this is pre-installed. basically intel does the part it is best at and the nvidia grpahics engine does the part it is best at