Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 11 months ago

What is your opinion of Winston Churchill?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A drunken warmonger.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tim D
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

"I will no longer waste my time" You waste your time when you post inaccuracies and then contradict yourself.
      "You now try to claim you're not a fanatic Anglophile" – Where have I claimed that?
      As I DID write, "only a fool".

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

An amazing speaker. This is all I can say that's positive. I have no negative opinion of him.

Churchill once said:

" when I was young people used to say that smoking, drinking, and amphetamines were going to kill me. Well looks like they are right. But it's taking 90 years to do it......So far, that is".

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

He smoked and drank too much.

• robert2020
      Lv 6
      11 months agoReport

Churchill was asked by a reporter how he drank so much but was still a great PM. He replied " Well I get up early, so I can get an early start on both".😃😃😃

• 11 months ago

a pompous windbag

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

A notorious Islamophobe. In the interests of diversity his name should be expunged from the historical record.

• ...Show all comments
    • Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

armouro: You boast that you, like Churchill was, are an unrepentant bigot? That makes him & you no better than the Nazis.

• 11 months ago

I wish he was PM these days, the country wouldnt be in such a political mess. Winne wasnt perfect he had his flaws, but jeez he stands head and shoulders above all the political pygmy's who are currently in government and wrecking the country.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

A great man, a man of his time for which he is much maligned.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Not maligned enough. Not nearly enough.

• 11 months ago

As an Australian not a great deal. I He sacrificed Australian troops at Gallipoli and in the first world war.

In the 2nd sent our troops to be sacrificed in Greece without adequate support and then again in Malaysia and Singapore. Then had the gall to try and stop Australian troops from returning home to defend against the Japanese thrust towards mainland Australia. Thankfully the Australian PM John Curtin wouldn't bow down to him and troops were able to be deployed to Papua New Guinea just in time.

• Tim D
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Although proportionally significant there were more British battle casualties than ANZAC (there were more French casualties too).

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

luckily history is pointing out he was a racist

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

A fat racist drunk who did a lot of terrible things but one amazing thing that saved Europe and the world from German Brexiters.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.