When can I ask for a 2 weeks annual leave?

I started working as a KP in a restaurant on 3rd June this year at 43 hrs a week, around when can i ask for two weeks annual leave? 

I know that at the moment, I haven't worked there long enough to apply for annual leave. I want to be careful before I ask.

You might ask a coworker who has been there over a year. But I would not worry about now since you have not been there very long. You are probably still o probations, right?

• 1 year ago

it depends on the company policy. (and how they treated you)

1 year ago

depends on company policy

• Eva
    1 year ago

It depends on company policy, but most don't give you 2 weeks until you've worked for a year.

• Judy
    1 year ago

After a year. You can ask after 6 months, they might say ok. But unless they told you that you'd get it paid, it would be unpaid.

• 1 year ago

Totally depends on the situation, but I would bet your job is not guaranteed after 2 weeks. Start by asking your co-workers how it all works. Then, after 6 months, say something to your manager about needing two weeks in the next couple of months. I bet they work with you if your schedule is flexible; better if you go when the boss knows work will be slow, especially if you are an important employee.

• Tavy
    1 year ago

Employers have different rules. Ask one of your co workers.

1 year ago

When you are approaching your first year anniversary of employment.

1 year ago

After 2 months of employment you want to know when you can take 2 weeks off ???

Every business has it's own personnel policies - but most I'm familiar with would say that you are eligible for time off next year by accuring days off for time worked this year - the number of days accrued per months worked varies.

In the case of a family emergency or such, a company might allow you to take time off now without pay - - - but most will decide that you aren't much of an asset to them.

• David
    1 year ago

All of this should have been sorted out before you started the job in your terms of employment.