I want to start up an art print on demand store online.?

I have a passion for and discovered an ebook that has all types of art from classic artists and some images from the internet I want to know if it's legal to print these artworks on canvass and sell online.

• John

You mean like www.art.com does? Without real due diligence you have little chance of starting a business.

Yes it is actually legal.

All you have to do is FIRST contact each artist and get a license to reproduce and sell their art. You will have to pay them a commission/royalty for each one sold.

But what you are thinking of is exactly what companies like Wayfair, ART.com and Louis Leonard Art do.

But remember ...if you reproduce an artists work without their permission, you will not only be sued...but you will be in a world of hurt.

So find the artist (or the artists' manager) on the internet and send them an email asking for a license (permission) to sell their work.