promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 10 months ago

Why is yahoo making me confirm I’m not a bot after I answer a question?

Once is fair enough, but their doing it to me every single time after I answer a question, it’s getting REALLY annoying, actually.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yahoo appear to be using Google's "recaptcha version 3", which from what I can see uses content analysis on the page and your text entry.

That gives a rating on a scale between bot/spam <> serious/non-spam. The more spam- or bot-like the behaviour, the harder the image captcha. With posts it thinks are non-spam / non-bot, you get non captcha at all or a single easy one.

I rarely get them, but I generally only answer serious questions & with serious answers.

My account / questions are not hidden either, which yahoo may use to adjust the "bot detect" values in the captcha setup?

[Edit - I dd not get one posting that answer].

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Aiden
    Lv 4
    10 months ago

Adblock plus/ no script use wit latest version of Firefox and you wont see all that gunf again

• 10 months ago

same for me lol. it's soooo anoying

• Adrian
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Some protection software (ad blocker, Malware detection, anti-virus) may be blocking some of the ad tracking scripts, causing Yahoo to fail to find previous "history" of you being on those web pages. Thus they prompt you to do the Captcha again.

I noticed this when I enabled a "tracking blocker" recently, some web sites think I'm a "new" visitor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Fred
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Move on!! I'm sorry that this is a major factor in your life.

This is the way it is. There are other things worth complaining about.

• 10 months ago

If they only did it once, Bots could use a human once, never log off, and then flood the site. Once would be worthless in fighting the bots that flooded the site last year.

• carrie
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You are not the only one, I get about 5 on every question I answer, I am finding it more than annoying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.