Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 6 months ago

Instead of toilet paper,my friend washes her stool WITH HER BARE HANDS?

Ok this is very important.My Indian friend with a different culture after she goes to the bathroom and stool comes out,she washes it off with water and her bare hands!! At school,she used to HAND me chips when we shared food.So im worried she was the one who gave me parasites in my stomach.

PLEASE HELP,do you think it could be possible she was the one who gave me parasites?Because if she did Im seriously thinking off cutting her off.Since Im gonna get parasites again by sharing pencils or anything normal.Since you contact it by touch a contaminated object or eating contaminated food ):

Oh and I shared food with her at school when I didn't know that she did THIS.

I doubt you caught it that way. Probably you got it from contaminated water.

If she washes her hands afterwards, you should be fine.

If she washes her hands with soap and water afterwards, there should be no problem.

• Pippin

Cultures that do that have it ingrained from early childhood that the right hand is used for eating, and the left hand for other purposes. They also wash their hands afterwards. She would not have given you a parasite.

i think its common in certain cultures to have a bidet a in the bathroom attached to the toilet with some soap. this object is like a shower head and is used for cleaning your privates after using the restroom. its not so common in america.

Yes it is possible, but many cultures who wash and not wipe do have a strict rule is they wipe only with the left hand so they can use their right hand for everything else. Therefore ships from the right hand should be fine if she properly washes both hands after she does her business.