Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Do Atheists hate religion?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, they are jealous of religion, they started their own....

https://firstchurchofatheism.com/

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

No. "Hate" overstates how I feel about religion. Mostly, I oppose organized religions because they seriously misrepresent the nature of reality and how it works. As I see it, educated people should be able to clearly distinguish between the nature of objective reality and their own subjective mental processes. Religion causes people who should certainly know better to pretend that what they perceive within their mind's eye is reality itself.

• Shadow
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I do not hate what does not exist in reality. I feel nothing towards religious delusions. Religion is fake and a lie which brainwashed idiots fall for. They have no evidence to show to backup their ridiculous claims. I feel nothing towards those people with mind problems. I can only feel something towards anyone who is realistic, down to Earth and in tune with emotions

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

God hates religion.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven.

The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion.

"I am the way."

"I am the door."

"I am the gate."

Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention. His kingdom on earth.

The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil.

Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need.

"Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light."

Do this and live..

Do it today.

Tomorrow may be too late.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Some probably do. I think most can't be bothered. My atheist friends certainly don't.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Jea
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Atheists understand religion. It produces a constant and serious negative impact on humanity at large, so what's to like about religion? Dishonest, arrogant, and threatening, yet they don't have a leg (or a god) to stand on.

At least we know what religion is, which theists apparently don't.

• ...Show all comments
    • Jea
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I knew you would leave another idiotic remark. How I wish I could have a personal audience with you kid. You need to learn some ethics and some manners. Your mother failed you completely, I bet she is so proud to have such a liar following her.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Most atheists hate the bigotry, misogyny, racism

and child abuse that comes hand-in-hand with religion.

• Bokito
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

I don't. It just baffles me that people believe it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Only the ones that promote Hatred, Bigotry and Misogyny

Oh, wait a minute....

• 6 months agoReport

"Oh, wait a minute...."

Indeed!!

• 6 months ago

I think it is a common sentiment among the 'new atheists'. Not all atheists are like that.

• Sunnyside
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Someone who's recently left their religion probably doesn't think well of it, but there are many negative emotions besides hate (e.g., a new atheist might feel anger at having been lied too by well meaning family, or might feel cheated out of time that could have been spent in more worth pursuits).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.