[Ladies!] Ever had need to have a engagement or marriage ring professionally cut-off a finger of yours?

• drip
    Favorite Answer

My neighbor has. She went to a local jewelry store and had her ring cut off when, late in her pregnancy, her hands started to swell up.

Nope not yet anyway!

• David

Put down the bonbons.

• Snoopy

Many people I know have done that.

No. I was told early to get it a couple sizes too large.

no, I'm not fat

No, but I’ve had to have my engagement ring UNprofessionally cut off. I fell and injured my fingers, and couldn’t get the ring off before they swelled. I won’t burden you with the details — it wasn’t pretty. My husband cut the ring off with bolt cutters. I do not recommend any of this, for your fingers or your ring.

• Kelly

The process is the same whether it's cut off a woman or a man's finger and it's generally done in an emergency situation, by a physician to save their finger.

Why can men not answer? What exactly is the difference between cutting a ring off the same finger of a male or female?