How can I get a part in a school drama program?

I want to get a role as the beast in my school’s production of beauty and the beast. I’m a fairly good actor, but what are some tips to improve and on how to sing better, since I have no experience singing?

Favorite Answer

singing is just talking, so don't try to sing, but talk, this might sound crazy, but it's true, it may help u out.

• Tina

No, singing is not 'just talking' even Sprechgesang is a particular tecnnique which the performer needs to practise.

• Tina

When you say you have no experience, do you sing at all? because if not, there are no hints that can help you.

• Verity

The Beast gets only one song, but it's a heart-stopper, "If I Can't Love Her".

Opera singers (including the great baritone Thomas Hampson) have recorded it.

Be up to the challenge!

Short of eliminating all the people who might also audition, you could try singing lessons.

• Cogito

Take singing lessons.

Only a good teacher can help a weak singer to improve rapidly.

• Tina

Not even a good teacher can help a weak singer improve rapidly, and by the sound of it the questioner isn't a singer at all.