Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 6 months ago

What would need to happen for you to take climate change and global warming seriously?

Update:

Some countries are treating the situation as a chance to protect its people, for example.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

The next ice age, that would make me buy more wood for the fire place.

• Login to reply the answers
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I already do take it seriously

• 6 months ago

Climate disruption is caused by global warming, which is caused by too much carbon in the atmosphere. That’s not theory, that’s scientific fact — the geological record shows evidence of the same process in previous cooling and warming cycles of the planet.

Even if you don’t believe humans are a primary cause of the current warming trend, why on earth would you want to keep contributing to the problem by pumping more and more carbon into the atmosphere? We’re already seeing millions of dollars in damage caused by climate change — fires, drought, increasing number and severity of storms and hurricanes. If we lower our carbon emissions, we might be able to slow it down. What possible reason could there be to not at least try?

(That’s a rhetorical question. I know the reason. It’s green and rhymes with “honey”.)

• 6 months ago

A message directly from God.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Biff
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Global Warming is observably and measurably happening, there is no ambiguity about that. Sea levels have risen by 12" along the East Coast in the past century, increasing the frequency of seawater flooding in low-lying coastal cities like Miami Beach, due to thermal expansion of the water in the oceans as the planet warms. Glaciers are melting and retreating, or disappearing completely like the one in Greenland, and long hidden cadavers, even crashed aircraft, are emerging. Polar ice is melting and retreating.

The effect of Global Warming on climate is less certain but the frequency of unprecedently severe weather events is increasing and only a fool would ignore that.

What would it take for deniers to take Global Warming and Climate Change seriously. The combination of sea level rise and a storm surge cause by an unprecedented severe storm causing widespread flooding in NYC might at least give them cause for concern.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Climate change is real, no question about that. Its been happening for billions of years here on earth, its a natural part of this planet. Theres nothing we can do to stop it. So what are we to take seriously?

• LadyLyannaMormont
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

Even if you don’t believe humans are a primary cause of the current warming trend, why would you want to keep pumping carbon into the atmosphere? We’re already seeing millions in damage caused by climate change. If we lower our emissions, we might be able to slow it down. Why not at least try?

• 6 months ago

Stop believing in global warming and climate change first. Second open your eyes and your mind. Third the people who run this world control the weather.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I would need to be incredibly gullible and accept the proclamations without question.

• 6 months ago

Their models would need to start hitting predictions. But even then I'm not sure there is actually much we could do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.