promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 10 months ago

Dread my mother ever dying as I have no one else in this world apart from her?

I'm an only child with no family anywhere and friends have rejected me, so it's just me and mum. How can I ever prepare?

Update:

I don't have that Foofa. I'm 48 and am still a spinster. That ship has long since sailed.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You can never prepare for what's to come. It happens and we cry few tears, and then move on with our life.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You prepare by forging your own life with friends, a fulfilling career and possibly even a romantic partner and children of your own. I used to fear my mother's death as you do but now that I'm happily married with kids I accept this as the "circle of life" and I prepare myself for her ultimate demise knowing that I fulfilled what she wanted for me...that being a full life with a job that I love and a family that loves me.

• 10 months ago

You said "just me and mum", and that's the clue: you need to expand your social world. If you have difficulty doing so, get yourself into therapy, preferably, group therapy, and learn how to have friends, socialize, develop your own life apart from your dependence (and probable interdependence) on mum. Meanwhile, treasure good times with her, you'll have them later on as keepsakes. Good wishes,

• 10 months ago

No one can prepare for this sort of thing, but i don't understand why you're making catastrophe predictions? It's not healthy and causes anxiety.

Living RIGHT NOW and enjoying what is going on in the present is much healthier. Your mom is obviously still around so be happy for that.

And you can make an effort to make friends, if that's what you want to do, as well.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Sometimes you just can't. Sometimes we don't know how we will handle things until we are faced with the situation. Making good friends often serves as a good back up to the loss of family.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

ask god to help you deal with that

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Be glad that you had her and that she was so special to you. I have a mother who was emotionally abusive. I would be thrilled if she was dying of something for the memory of her pain would be easier to manage were she gone and in hell forever.

• 10 months ago

Death is something hard to prepare for because you can’t really prepare for it. However as you get older, you’ll be able to handle it better in a way. Enjoy your time with her now and also allow new people into your life like distance family members and friends

• 10 months ago

Focus on death, study death, make new friends. You need to keep in mind that you're stronger than you realise.

• 10 months ago

Your mother doesn't belong to you she belongs to God.

• Emerald Isle
      Lv 5
      10 months agoReport

You have any idea how stupid you sound saying that?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.