Lisa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 months ago

Should I drink milk if I don't like it?

Hi everyone,

I'm a 14 year old girl & I really don't like milk, but I keep hearing that it's good for me & all.

Should I drink it anyway? & if so, how often milk for me? & when would you recommend me to have it?

Thanks x

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

You should eat milk if you don't seems any physical problem. Because there no such foods you can really find which is equal to milk. But if you face health problem you can ignore it and try to eat other foods which contain same elements.

• 4 months ago

Milk provides vitamins and minerals for a growing body. There are many options, from flavors to add to regular milk, or you could go with soy or almond milk. Milk is good food.

• Stasia
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

Milk, of course, is not a necessity.

• 4 months ago

Chocolate almond milk is good you could try that. But don't always believe what everyone else says make sure it's good for you before you drink it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Chris
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Drink Almond milk instead. Regular milk is for baby cows.

• Chris
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

I am not sure if a few extra grams of protein actually makes that much difference.

• 4 months ago

Milk is fattening and it's for baby cows. If you ever noticed, baby cows put on weight fast.... it's because cow's milk is loaded with sugars.

If you want "milk" you could try unsweetened almond milk instead. It's low carb and only around 30 calories a cup without added sugars.

• Julien
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Almond milk is not standardised but it is usually MORE caloric than our standard semi-skimmed milk, with pretty much the exact SAME amount of carbs but as much fat as whole milk. The main difference with whole milk is that almond milk has much less proteins (and of lower quality).

• 4 months ago

milk is full of calcium buddy plus you can add some flavour in it for a chocolate shake or whatever you like

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I don't drink milk either (because I am allergic to it) and I'm fine

• 4 months ago

you don't need milk unless you are a baby. the dairy industry spends a lot of money convincing people that it is healthy for adults and it's just not. It's not the worst thing to drink health wise but it is in no way a required part of a diet.

• 4 months ago

Milk is a good source of Calcium, which is very important for females.

However, if you don't like milk, you can get Calcium from other sources:

Beans

Okra

Seeds

Yogurt

Cheeses

Salmon

Just make sure to get a decent amount of Calcium for overall health. You could also take vitamin supplements to achieve the recommended daily intake, but that's up to you.

• skeptic
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

Yes, Broccoli also. There are many sources of Calcium. Milk is just advertised so much because of marketing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.