How do I check rabbits for fly strike?

There have been a lot of flies in the house recently due to the time of year, but I’m really worried sometimes they tend to hang around the rabbits. My rabbits won’t let me pick them up or stand on their back legs just so I can look at their bum. I’ve tried having food in my hand while I pick them up but they... show more There have been a lot of flies in the house recently due to the time of year, but I’m really worried sometimes they tend to hang around the rabbits. My rabbits won’t let me pick them up or stand on their back legs just so I can look at their bum. I’ve tried having food in my hand while I pick them up but they still won’t let me. They’re not shy rabbits but we never picked them up as babies because we were scared we would frighten them. The only person that they will let look at their bum is a vet but I don’t want to take them just because I feel like I’m wasting their time for something I can check myself. The rabbits don’t seem ill and they’re their normal hyper self, and they seem to be eating and drinking normal. We’ve cleaned their litter regularly so flies don’t hang around there too.
4 answers 4