Can I visit Iran and come back to USA?

I would like to visit Iran a and I am an Indian passport holder with a US green card. Can I visit Iran and come back to the US? Will I have any problems?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There's no reason why a Green Card holder can't visit Iran and then return home, at least not from the US side. If you don't pull any stunts in Iran, I don't see any problems from the Iranian side either. What I would not announce too publicly is that you live in the United States, for obvious reasons, but the Iranian people, for the most part, are very hospitable.

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Riviera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Inadvisable in the extreme. IF you turn in your green card (abandon legal permanent residency status with Form I-407) to US consulate in India, sever all ties to US, and visit Iran solely as Indian citizen, then return to India, perhaps you will survive the experience. Going to Iran with any US connections, residency, etc, endangers you. And trying to return to US from Iran is a really bad idea.

• J
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

The real questions should be, do you think you will be in a position to return to the US?

High risk travel for sure.

• 6 months ago

I would imagine that travel to Iran by Americans is not recommended. The government there may accuse you of spying and hold you indefinitely. Since we don't have official diplomacy with Iran, you'd be hung out to dry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.