is there a food you hated as a kid ,but now love as an adult?

• mokrie
    Best Answer

Most foods were hated as a kid. Eggplant, broccoli, string beans, liver and a dozen other things. As a kid grilled cheese or mac and cheese along with hamburgers were the only things I liked.

Love grilled asparagus & hated it as a kid....Broccoli could be on that list, but I still don't "love it" but I do like it

Sauerkraut, but there are still some krauts that I don't like.

• Mark

Yes, spinach, though I grew to like it at a fairly young age (like 12). But I remember my mother leaving the room, and me scurrying out of my seat, and putting the spinach in the box of bubble-bath under the sink. Several weeks later, when my mother ran my bath, she asked "do you want a bubble bath?" and having forgotten about the spinach, I said "yes". When she began to pour the powder into the water, out came the quite dried spinach into the water. She was momentarily bemused. I didn't get punished for it, but I did get a "talking-to".

• patty

up until an older child I ate nothing but bananas and mashed potato.

• Jahal

Okra.

It tasted slimy to me well, because it was. There's a way of cooking it to make the texture and taste better

• Mark

Indeed. That way is to soak it in lemon-water for about a half-hour, then cook it. If you cook it straight off, it WILL become slimy or "mucilagenous".

Yes, green beans.

• denise

Onions, I would'nt touch them as a kid, now whenever I have them, I always have lots.

• Cammie

I did not like pumpkin pie as a child. Now i love it.

• Betty

Yes...that would be any type of fish...

Any food that was cooked up in a Boil Up or Hāngi. As a kid I didn't like the flavour these two ways of NZ style cooking did to the food. Absolutely love them both now though!